Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Jesus Way

     To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul;
       in you I trust, O my God.
     Do not let me be put to shame,
       nor let my enemies triumph over me.
     No one whose hope is in you
       will ever be put to shame,
     but they will be put to shame
       who are treacherous without excuse.
     Show me your ways, O Lord,
       teach me your paths;
     guide me in your truth and teach me,
       for you are God my Savior,
       and my hope is in you all day long.
      ~ Psalm 25:1-5


What way do you follow?
Follow the Jesus Way. Let Jesus be your role model. When reading the Gospels, what aspects or actions of Jesus Christ stand out to you, and what is God telling you in this? God has shown me Jesus’ love, His servant nature, and that He lived to bring glory to God’s Name. Where am I showing love? Am I being a servant as Christ was a servant? How am I glorifying God’s Name? Am I even glorifying His Name? God may speak to you about the same issues or different ones entirely. Read the Bible and engage God. Ask Him to show you how He wants you to change.
When you do this, don’t get caught up in a to-do list where you simply check off items to feel satisfied. Doing that could be a burden or a stumbling block, or both. Who you are in Christ is a matter of the heart.







Read Psalm 25

No comments:

Post a Comment