Thursday, September 1, 2011

Isaiah 1:10-17

     Wash and make yourselves clean.
     Take your evil deeds out of my sight!
       ~ Isaiah 10:16

Sin or simple religious acts are lifeless. Have nothing to do with them. All of your outward show means nothing if your heart doesn’t lead. If your heart is far from God, you are far from God. In life, you have two choices on how to act – evil or good. If you are far from God, you’re probably doing evil. When you set aside your sin and those evil actions, what you have left is to do what is right.
Doing what is right should then need no further justification beyond the knowledge that evil acts go hand in hand with separation from God, while closeness with God goes together with right acts. As Paul says in Romans 6:16, you are either “slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness.” More simply, if you’re not doing good, you’re doing evil. If you’re not building God’s Kingdom, you’re trying to tear it down. That may seem harsh, but God doesn’t have a middle ground. I have areas and times in my life where I know I’m not building God’s Kingdom, but I never thought I was working against Him. But I am, and God makes very clear that I must stop and turn the other way.
Have you rationalized anything you do because it was “harmless” or neutral? I’m telling you now, it’s not.

No comments:

Post a Comment