Monday, March 21, 2011

God's Plan

1 Chronicles 28:2-3

King David rose to his feet and said: “Listen to me, my brothers and my people. I had it in my heart to build a house as a place of rest for the ark of the covenant of the Lord, for the footstool of our God, and I made plans to build it. But God said to me, ‘You are not to build a house for my Name, because you are a warrior and have shed blood.’

Andy's part:

David essentially said: "This was my plan, but God's was different."

God doesn't always do what you want Him to do, but He has a reason. Trust and rely on Him and His plan even when you don't know His reasons.

Catherine's part:

Even though God didn't use David for the actual building of the temple, He revealed the plans to him. God can use many people to achieve one goal. And God had other plans for David. David set a great example by following God's plan instead of His own.

No comments:

Post a Comment