Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Daily Walk

       See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful,
     unbelieving heart that turns away from the living
     God. But encourage one another daily, as long as
     it is called Today, so that none of you may be
     hardened by sin’s deceitfulness.
       ~ Hebrews 3:12-13


Your daily walk with God is important. If you turn away from Him for even a day, sin gets a foothold – sin’s deceitfulness begins to harden you.
When I don’t read my Bible one day, or I don’t pray, or I remain distant from God, everything I do that day is affected negatively. I may be grumpy, tired, sad, tempted, or feeling God’s conviction. If I don’t make a change, the next day and on, I begin to feel separation from God. God wants me to be close to Him, but when I fill my life with all these distractions, I push Him out. Then I may “fit God in”, but God doesn’t want to be just another distraction. He wants to be part of your life. Trust God with your whole heart (Proverbs 3:5), not just part of it.
Do you “walk humbly with your God” every day (Micah 6:8)? What are you holding back from God? Why? Are you letting sin’s deceitfulness harden you?
Make a daily habit of reading your Bible, praying, and talking to God. Make an investment; plant a seed. God will make it grow (1 Cor 3:7).

Read further:
Hebrews 3:12-13; Proverbs 3:5; Micah 6:8; 1 Corinthians 3:7

No comments:

Post a Comment