Saturday, June 11, 2011

Listening and Doing

       Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive
     yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens
     to the word but does not do what it says is like
     a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after
     looking at himself, goes away and immediately
     forgets what he looks like. But the man who looks
     intently into the perfect law that gives freedom,
     and continues to do this, not forgetting what he
     has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what
     he does.
       ~ James 1:22-25


Sometimes when I read the Bible, I get to the end of a chapter and realize I don’t know at all what I just read. I need to more than remember what I just read. After reading God’s perfect Word, He wants us to apply His teaching to our lives. God’s “perfect law… gives freedom”!(v25) Reading and applying the Scriptures brings blessings to you life.
What do you do when you spend time with God? How do you read your Bible? Do you have a regular time or area for your “quiet time”?
Leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment